TEAM details & changes
- Captains can update their entry by signing into their profile with their password, you can then change Team Mate information. Click Here
- Purchase extra meal tickets
- To change category, team captain, or withdrawal - please email us here
SPRING CHALLENGE AUCKLAND
We are thrilled to announce Vector Wero as the base for the 2017 Torpedo7 Spring Challenge North event.
This will be an event of ‘firsts’ in many ways. It’ll be the first time in the world an adventure race has been held on an artificial whitewater facility. It has enabled us to design an adventure race extremely close to a major population and in the hub of Manukau City. It is also the first time we’ve released a major part of the course well ahead ofthe event, typically the river used for the Spring Challenge is kept a secret until the eve of the event, but for Auckland 2017, we believe Vector Wero is a major draw card that shouldn’t be missed and it’s allowed us to build an exceptionally unique event around it, with a few other ‘firsts’, but we will keep many of those under wraps until race day!
Vector Wero is situated in the heart of the largest Pacific Island community in the world, making the area a vibrant colourful place rich in culture, the heart of Auckland’s south.
The Wero whitewater facility means that teams can practice the rafting prior to the event, if getting to Auckland during the year isn't practical, even the day before the event you’ll have time to blast through the whitewater course if you’re keen, otherwise save the adventure for race day.
The other first is that teams will not need a support crew.
- 3 and 6-hour teams will be self-supported. We’ll explain more on that closer to the event but it’ll be very easy for teams to manage themselves.
- 9-hour teams won’t need a support crew, but in another ‘first’ - you will need a vehicle capable of moving your team and bikes during the event! we know that sounds a bit odd but it’ll all make sense on the day. If you need a driver that’s fine, the driving legs are short and un-timed, so car racing is not part of the event.
We’ve had a lot of fun blending the urban and outdoor environments together into an ‘Adventure Race with a difference’, we think you’ll like it to. We also think this will be the best event there has ever been as an introduction to Adventure Racing, so if you’ve got friends, family or colleagues you think may be tempted, this is the year.
The awards breakfast is included as part of the race entry package. If you have supporters who would like to join you, additional tickets are $50 each.
Everyone is welcome to awards ceremony that follows the breakfast.
ENTRY FEE (price per team : 3-women)
Team Captains enter the whole team.
To make the entry process fast and efficient, have ready:
- Team Name
- Team Category / Event
- 20-word Team Description
- Team Dietary Information
- Team member names, mobile phone, email, address, D.O.B, emergency contact person & number
- T-Shirt sizes
- Meal Tickets - an additional $45 per team for 3-meal tickets
- Extra Meal Ticket option for Support Crew
- Visa/Mastercard to pay for the entire team - your entry is not confirmed until it is paid for
Includes: Event, raft trip, maps, awards, chance of winning some cool prizes
- 3-women per team
- Entry Limit: 240-teams (720-participants)
Refund Policy (2017)
- 90% refund – withdraw before 30 June
- 60% refund – withdraw during July & August
- 30% refund – withdraw during September
- No refunds after 1st October
In the event of an emergency or natural disaster, earthquake etc - and the event is cancelled within 5-days of the event date, there will be no refunds.